Garlic is surely one of the most beneficial ingredients, used in almost every culture for its incredible medicinal properties. It was most commonly used in cooking to enhance the flavour of foods. However, today garlic is widely used for the lots of health benefits it offers. So, make sure to check them out and discover more about the abilities of this healthy ingredient!
- Garlic contains high amounts of vitamin A, C and B- complex and it is also rich in minerals like manganese, calcium, phosphorus, copper, potassium and iron. Moreover, it contains glycosides, amino acids, essential oils and rare trace minerals like shallots, chives and germanium. One amazing fact is that garlic contains more than 12 types of antioxidants.
- The health benefits that garlic has are mostly due to its potent anti-microbial properties that effectively treat yeast, bacteria, intestinal parasites, viruses and fungi. It is a strong antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the body and possesses natural immune-boosting and antibiotic properties. In order to experience its maximum benefits, it is recommended to take 2-3 cloves daily.
- It is an effective, natural and much safer alternative for aspirin, which can often cause stomach bleeding. To be more specific, garlic helps you in situations like a thrombosis-blockage of blood flow by clots.
- Garlic reduces the risk of cancer, especially of the stomach and colon, due to its potent anti-cancer properties.
- If you do not feel good and want to prevent a cold, just take 1-2 cloves of garlic. It can also help you treat a cold. Having the ability to relieve congestion and cause a faster recovery, garlic acts as a medication for your cold.
- Garlic juice reduces the oxidation of the blood cholesterol and the accumulated plaque located in the arteries, thus lowering the probability of heart diseases.
- Take one clove of garlic a day, to lower your blood sugar level.
- Raw garlic juice effectively treats fungal infections like athlete’s foot or ear infections. To reduce the itch, just apply the juice on the affected area.
- By cleansing the arterial deposits, garlic normalizes the blood pressure.
- It is very effective in cases of bacterial stomach parasites which can cause peptic ulcers.
- Garlic has sulfur compounds that detoxify the blood of toxic materials, lead and other heavy metals.
Raw garlic can be difficult to eat for some people and it may take quite a while to get used to it. Think about all of the health benefits it offers, and try to add garlic to your daily diet. When you are making your favourite juice recipe, add 1-2 cloves into the juicer.
Prepare this magic potion, before you go to bed at night, 30 minutes after you eat your dinner, make sure to do the following…
Chop 2 cloves of fresh garlic and leave it exposed to air for a couple of minutes, because the chopping releases the enzyme alliinase that is in the garlic. Put the chopped garlic in a spoon and swallow it with water. If you like you can add a little raw honey because of its anti-bacterial ingredients. Especially if you want to treat a sinus issue, flu or cold, use Manuka honey. While you are sleeping, the honey and garlic will travel to your digestive tract and will neutralize all the harmful bacteria, toxins, fungi, viruses, carcinogens and other chemicals before they get to damage your healthy cells. Garlic also contains sulfur compounds that help detoxify your liver of lead and blood toxins. Also, you will not get a garlic breath by swallowing the chopped garlic, as long as you do not chew it. Remember to drink a big glass of water first thing in the morning. Your first daily bowel movement will have a strong garlic odor; this means that all the harmful toxins are removed from your body. Do not hesitate to try it.
Garlic is a very potent medical herb. This means this means that 1-2 raw cloves daily are more than enough for obtaining all the health benefits it offers. You can use a little more in your cooking. Having in mind the fact that garlic has blood-thinning effect, it is not recommended to be consumed with other anti-coagulant drugs. Avoid taking large quantities of garlic because in some cases high doses of garlic can provoke some health issues like weight loss, diarrhea, asthma, excessive gas and anemia. Eating raw garlic is safe. However, if you eat it on a daily basis, make sure not to eat it on an empty stomach because it can sometimes be harsh on the stomach.