We can quickly identify varicose veins with a darker tone in our skin, and blue. This color is because these veins do not work well and do not allow the blood to return to the heart, alteration of blood flow causes this. In this article, you can find useful home remedies for varicose veins.
Although this problem mainly affects women, men can also suffer from them. The causes that arise are varied, but among the most frequent we find are obesity, sedentary lifestyle, long-standing, contraceptives or even family history.
Home Remedies For Varicose Veins
Surely you had already heard about garlic as a remedy against varicose veins, and that is very effective. Although it smells ‘bad,’ it helps to improve circulation and deflate varicose veins.
It is recommended to incorporate this food into the daily diet, but you can also make an ointment with them and a little alcohol. This remedy you can apply up to four times a week in the areas to be treated.
This herb can help to improve blood circulation and reduce varicose veins. It can even cause the disappearance of varicose veins that are forming.
The big news is that it is easy to find and consume because it is in the form of infusion in the supermarket. In the same way, this herb will serve you as an excellent diuretic.
This herb has anti-inflammatory power because it contains multiple nutrients that provide numerous benefits in our body, such as increase venous tone, improves lymphatic drainage and also reduce capillary permeability.
You can both drink and put it on the skin to reduce swelling or reduce pain. When you use it on your skin, it has toning properties, which is also a useful point.
How To Use
- Mix a handful of Calendula leaves with water (4 cups) and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Dip a cloth in this preparation and then apply it in the area to treat until it is cold.
- You can do this remedy a couple of times a day.
4. Horse Chestnut
It is one of the most potent allies against varicose veins as it stimulates blood circulation and can cause veins and valves to start functioning correctly.
How To Use
- Take about 50 grams of horse chestnut bark and mix it with a 1 liter of water to bring it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Then strain the preparation, and you can drink the liquid.
- You can repeat this remedy in the morning and at night.
5. Parsley And Rose Oil
The parsley has numerous vitamins and nutrients that favor our body. Also, it contains multiple antioxidants that protect cells from free radicals. This herb has collagen that helps to reduce imperfections and scars.
For its part, rose oil can improve circulation and inhibits the accumulation of blood, which is perfect as a remedy against varicose veins to avoid future obstructions in the veins.
How To Use
Take parsley and water and let it boil for 5 minutes, then when it is at room temperature add three tablespoons of rose oil. This homemade ‘oil’ should apply twice a day for two months.
6. Red Pepper
Or also known as cayenne pepper can also be a powerful ally against these veins. It is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Chili powder also helps to fight atherosclerosis, stimulates fibrinolytic activity and also helps to stop the formation of blood clots, which is undoubtedly an effective remedy against varicose veins.
How To Use
- Add a small spoonful of cayenne powder in a cup of hot water and mix it.
- You have to drink it, and you can drink it up to 3 times a day for one or two months.
This plant is rich in fiber, beta-carotene, numerous vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iodine, magnesium, iron, and sulfur. In the same way, it has many antioxidants and phytochemicals that by touching the affected area help to stop the leakage of blood.
How To Use
- Cut three leaves of cabbage into tiny pieces and put them in a blender to mix.
- Then strain the extract and apply the liquid at least three times a day in the affected area.
8. Vinegar, Carrot and Aloe Vera Ointment
This remedy is beneficial and consists in making a homemade ointment with the ingredients mentioned above since they are potent remedies against varicose veins.
How To Use
- Mix the aloe vera, the vinegar and the carrot in a blender or food processor, and crush it until it is a consistency similar to cream.
- When you are ready, you have to apply it for about 30 minutes of the affected area and then rinse with cold water.
This fruit helps with the circulation of blood due to its vasodilating properties that strengthen the walls of the veins, and it is also anti-hemorrhages. Also, they are rich in bioflavonoids and also in vitamin P.
The good thing is that you can get it quickly and you do not have to prepare anything. You can eat raw blueberries as dessert or snack, or you also have the possibility of preparing an infusion of this fruit.
10. Essential Oils
You can use oils to massage the affected areas and thus promote the circulation and flow of the area to be treated to avoid obstructions or even pain. It mainly is optimal for people who spend a lot of time sitting or standing.
You can start by gently massaging the ankles and then go up to reach the thighs. It is best to do it in circles or from top to bottom. This remedy is a good option because you can do it with olive oil, for example, which is usually at home. Of course, it is warm when you use it.