Lemon has numerous health benefits that have been known for centuries, but the most popular is its strong antiviral, antibacterial, and immune-boosting properties, as well as its function as a liver cleanser and a digestive aid, which are perfect for losing weight.
1. Furniture polish.
- Make your own furniture polish by mixing lemon juice, lemon oil, and jojoba or olive oil. Apply it on a cloth and polish your furniture.
- Clean your windows with a combination of lemon juice, vinegar, cornstarch, and water.
3. Coffee Maker.
- For the start, run a cycle using fresh water.
- Then, add lemon juice and water mixture to the water tank and allow it to sit before running the cycle through.
- Do this process once again, and then run another cycle with plain water.
- Don’t forget to wash the filter and coffee pot afterward to eliminate any remaining taste of lemon.
- You will quickly remove the stains in your toilet if you apply ½ cup of lemon juice and allow it to stay before you start scrubbing.
- Use ½ cup of borax for more stubborn stains.
5. Shower Doors.
- To remove water stains from your shower doors, dip half a lemon in some baking soda and then rub the glass with it.
- Then, wash with clean water and dry with a towel.
6. All-Purpose Cleaner.
- To make the efficient bathroom or kitchen cleaner, combine vinegar, water, lemon, baking soda, and lemon essential oil.
7. Lemon Water.
- Lemon water is rich in potassium and vitamin C, and aids in digestion and the health of your immune system.
8. Skin Rashes.
- To relieve rashes like poison ivy, apply the cotton ball soaked with lemon juice onto them.
- To lower the buildup of mucus and relieve coughs, sip hot lemon water combined with a bit, honey.
10. Leather Shoe Polish.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil in 1:2 ratio, and then apply the mixture to leather shoes.
- Allow it to stay for 10 to 15 minutes and then buff with the cloth.
11. Jewelry Sanitizer.
- Sanitize your earrings and other jewelry, except for gold and pearls, with a solution made of 1.5 cups of water and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
12. Cat and Dog Repellant.
- Most cats and dogs don’t prefer the smell of lemon peels and coffee grounds, so put these 2 ingredients around your yard’s perimeter to keep your neighborhood cats and dogs out of your yard.
- 13. Gentle Bleach. Soak your white linens with a mixture of hot water and lemon juice. Then rinse and wash them as usual.
14. Spot Treatment.
- To remove fabric stains, pour lemon juice over them followed by some salt.
- Then, rub the stain and wash it off. If possible, dry the stain in the sun for even better results.
- This method is excellent for underarm stains.
15. Whiten your Sneakers.
- To whiten your white sneakers, just spray lemon juice onto them and dry them in the sun.
16. Room Freshener.
- Add cloves, lemon peels, and cinnamon sticks in a simmering pot of water.
- To remove stubborn odors from your hands, like that from garlic, wash your hands with soap and lemon juice.
18. Hair Lightener.
- To lighten your hair, apply a combination of coconut or almond oil with lemon juice on your hair before going out in the sun.
- The oil will prevent your hair from drying, while the lemon will lighten it.
19. Whiten Nails.
- If you soak your nails in a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice, you will brighten and strengthen them at the same time.
- Get rid of your dandruff by massaging your scalp with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Do these massages until dandruff completely disappears.