Have you ever felt that your skin needs more attention and care than you’re already giving it? Are the exorbitant rates at the spas and salons holding you back from doing so? Then you’ve come to the right place.Body polishing is for all those people who wish to give their skin some extra care. This not just includes the face, but the entire body. Now, you may ask how body polishing is different from bathing. Body polishing is done in different methods and using different ingredients, the benefits of which cannot be provided by mere soaps or water.
Benefits of Body Polishing:
• It deeply cleanses and nourishes the skin by unclogging pores and removing accumulated dirt or oil.
• It hydrates and moisturizes the skin to reduce dryness and prevent flaky/chapped skin.
• It improves blood circulation throughout the body! Body polishing includes massaging your skin and body, which improves the flow of blood to give you a healthier appearance.
• It makes the skin soft, smooth and radiant.
How To Make A Body Polishing Recipe At Home?
1.) Lemon, Baking Soda And Coconut Oil Take half a cup of lemon juice and mix it with one cup of baking soda and coconut oil. Add two or three drops of your favorite essential oil to this mix. Blend all of them together, and your home-made body polishing recipe is ready!
2.) Sugar, Sea Salt, Honey And Coconut Oil Could it get any simpler? For this recipe, you’re going to need two tablespoons of honey, half a cup of coarse sugar, a quarter cup of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. You can also add a few drops of essential oil if you want. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until they form a paste of thick consistency. Refrigerate the paste for about 15 to 20 minutes. And now you’re good to go!
3.) Jojoba Oil, Honey And Brown Sugar Mix 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil with one cup of brown sugar and half a cup of honey. Now the paste is ready to use! Simple and easy!
4.) Sugar, Shea Butter And Strawberry For this recipe, you need one cup of sugar, about half a cup of coconut oil, two to three strawberries crushed finely, 2 tablespoons of shea butter and a few drops of any essential oil that you like. All you need to do is combine the first four ingredients to form a paste and then add the essential oil to the paste. Mix everything well and use it on your skin! Any excess of the recipe can be stored in a bell jar that’s airtight.
Body polishing at home can be done in 5 easy steps:
• First, take a shower with lukewarm water. It steams your body and melts the oils and fats that clog the pores.
• Heat the olive oil very mildly and use it to massage your body for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Apply the home-made body scrub on your skin and gently massage and exfoliate the skin with it – first with your hands and then with your loofah. Keep doing this for about 5 to 10 minutes.
• Now, use the pumice stone to exfoliate the skin on your elbows. Make sure you scrub the hard skin on your elbows a little firmly, but not too gently or too harshly as it may injure your skin. Do the same for the skin at the heels and knees also.
• After you’re done, take a shower without using soap. Moisturise your skin with your usual moisturiser or cream. Avoid using soap for at least a day.
For optimum results, you must gift yourself a body polishing session at least once a month.